Who We Are
Mission & Purpose
A PARTNER OF LITERACY FIRST CHARTER SCHOOLS
The mission of the Patriot Legacy Education Foundation (PLEF) is to build a strong and diverse portfolio of support that is sufficient to fund the growth plans of Literacy First Charter Schools (LFCS) grades K-12 for the future. This includes resources that would support all programs, areas of critical need, expansion of programs and facilities and the support of our students in college matriculation. Committed to using research-proven techniques, LFCS equips students through a broad-based literacy program, a rigorous math program, an experiential science curriculum, and an active social studies program.
Impacting Future Generations
The Patriot Legacy Education Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization where 100% of contributions go directly to LFCS programs. Funding supports the implementation of programs above state funding mandates including areas of critical need, expansion of programs and facilities and the support of our students in college matriculation. All donations are tax deductible.
Invest in the Future Generation Today!
Join us in building a legacy of literacy by standing with Literacy First Charter Schools and by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Patriot Legacy Education Foundation. One hundred percent of the proceeds are donated to educational programs at Literacy First Charter Schools.
What Makes LFCS Different
- We are a Kindergarten through 12th grade school with 4 campuses.
- At LFCS, every student is known. Each student is reflective of the local community…we are so glad to have students of different races, religions, and abilities! We believe this gives our students a rich environment to grow!
- Literacy First is an independently run PUBLIC school.
- There are over 1,200 charter schools in California which serve about 630,000 students.
- We have been in business for 18 years! Our charter has been successfully authorized 3 times through the San Diego County Board of Education!
- Our organization has been found to be fiscally sound with above average reserve funds.
- The reputation of LFCS in the community is exemplary! A winning ticket in the lottery entitles a student to attend Literacy First with a remaining waitlist consistently above 600 students.
- 45% of our students are English Language Learners.*
- 50% of our students receive free and reduced lunch.*
- 69% of our students met or exceeded the state standards for Mathematics.*
- 75% of our students met or exceeded the state standards for Language Arts.*
- We have a 100% graduation rate, with all of our students going on to higher education or post high school job training.
* Data collected November 2016, and varies with enrollment.
We are looking for partners to help us reach our goals!
Provide resources for critical needs at LFCS
Expand LFCS K-12 programs and facilities
Create scholarships for LCHS graduates
Who Can Help?
Businesses, Grandparents, Alumni, Family & Friends
Call us at: 619 – 579-7233
Share that you would like to make a gift over the phone to the Patriot Legacy Education Foundation.
We will ask for:
Home Phone Number
Amount of Gift
Designation of Gift
Credit Card Information
Type of Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
Expiration Date (Month/Year)
Name on Card